Out of State Drivers and DUI

foreignerWith the spring having arrived and the summer soon to follow, Miami continues to be a popular destination for tourists looking to enjoy its beaches and sultry temperatures. However, unlike cities such as New York where public transportation is highly efficient, most tourists choose to drive in Miami.

Sometimes a stay in Miami can result in more than just memories of a fantastic vacation. A driver could end up with a DUI probation. Because the individual is from out of town, such a scenario can potentially make things a little more complicated in terms of what proper legal steps the person should take. Should they return to Florida? Will they risk losing their license? Could a warrant be issued for their arrest if they fail to do anything?

Should an out of town driver receive a DUI, the first step they should take is to consult an experienced DUI attorney. The attorney will review the case and provide options. Anything could happen in court, and the last thing a driver should do is admit guilt as this could result in major consequences that will likely follow the driver back to his or her home state. The driver may return to their home state only to find out that their license has been suspended or even revoked.

This update is brought to you by the Miami traffic ticket lawyer team of team of Hochman & Goldin, P.A. We can assist you with criminal traffic violations and are ready to answer your questions. Please call 305-665-1000 to speak with a Miami criminal traffic lawyers today.

Upload Ticket for Attorney Review

    Easier for you to text? Send a photo of the citation to (305) 990-8458.


    Uploading a ticket does not create an agreement of representation by our firm. You will receive confirmation that we have accepted your case and we will contact you for payment arrangements.