At Hochman & Goldin PA, South Florida’s premiere traffic lawyers, we see a lot of cases that could have been avoided by exercising more cautious driving. For your safety, here are some tips to follow when behind the wheel to avoid any accidents or traffic citations:
• Don’t allow children to fight or climb around in your car (they should be buckled in their seats at all times). One accidental bump or too much noise can easily distract you from concentrating on driving safely.
• Cell phones can also take your focus away from the task at hand: arriving safely at your destination.
• Avoid driving when you’re tired. Be aware that some medications can cause drowsiness and make operating a vehicle very dangerous.
• Always use caution when changing lanes. Cutting in front of someone, changing lanes too fast or not using your signals may cause an accident or upset other drivers.
Unfortunately, accidents can happen even when making the right decisions while driving. Here are some additional advice when involved in an accident:
• First make sure no one in the car is injured. Next, check on the passengers in the other vehicle; or, if necessary, make certain that no pedestrians are hurt.
• Stay at the scene. Leaving can result in additional violations or fines.
• Call 911 or the police as soon as possible. Wait for the police to complete an accident report.
• If you’re on a busy highway, stay inside the car and wait for the police or an ambulance. It’s dangerous if passengers stand along a busy street.
• Don’t get into an argument or a fight with the other driver. Simply exchange contact and insurance information. If possible, also get the name and phone numbers of witnesses.
• Call your insurance provider to report the claim. Your agent will ask you to send any paperwork you receive regarding the accident and will give you instructions as to where you can get your car fixed.
For more information about criminal and civil traffic citations, contact our law firm to speak to a Miami Traffic Lawyer by calling 305-665-1000.